Tuesday 24 March 2009

ARGYLE V BURNLEY MARCH 21ST 2009



The warmest day at Home Park for a while and we blew our chances. Ended up losing 2 - 1! Slipping even further down the table - not a pretty sight for the ardent Argyle supporters. Pilgrim Pete abseiled down from the roof before the game - part of the entertainment to support our heroes. We were entertained by a piped band before the game and the Marines at half time who put on an unarmed combat display. I'm just hoping now that we can pick up some points from the remaining 6 games of the season! I got the reminder the other day to buy my season ticket - still the same price as this season which is a bonus. I'm Argyle through and through so will go ahead and buy it but will be gutted if I'm watching them in League One next season. Fingers crossed and legs and everything crossed i wont!
My camcorder has been safely delivered and i am in the process of learning how to use it - all a bit complicated for me at the moment. I'm sure i will get the hang of it. I'm going to take it out and about soon - not sure what I'm going to film but i will give it a go.
Its my daughters birthday tomorrow - she lives in Bristol with her boyfriend so i wont be seeing her. She is coming home for a long weekend in a couple of weeks so we will celebrate with her then.
I was delighted to learn tonight that i was lucky enough to win first prize in a raffle. I bought a ticket at the match between Argyle and Birmingham on December 9Th which coincidentally was my birthday - i had forgotten all about it actually when i got the call to say i had won. My prize is a signed Argyle shirt with a certificate of authenticity. Well chuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment